Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Welome to Sprawlville!

I am happy to announce the debut of my brand new blog...

Sprawlville

Taking the concept of local blogging to an extreme, I'll be walking and biking all over my adopted home town of Milton with my video camera trying to discover if the Sprawl Capital of Canada can continue to be (or become again) a livable, sustainable, resilient community.

Using the town as a case study, I'll be looking at everything from transit to food access, community integration, local businesses, greenspace and commons, and even how local geography impacts the town's design and development - all to see what works, what doesn't work, how it used to work, how it could work, and what we can do to make it better. Then we can see about applying those lessons elsewhere.

If you're interested in sustainable living, urban and suburban planning, local everything, or are just curious to see what life is like in a not-so-small southern Ontario town, come check it out.

I don't know how it's all going to turn out, but it's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment