Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Hangover

I cringed inwardly when Murray told me what his selection was for this month. Ok, I cringed outwardly too. So the best thing I can think to say about 'The Hangover' is that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The movie is a bit of a departure from the usual 'buddy road trip' flick in that we get to follow the main characters trying to re-trace their steps after their night of debauchery instead of just watching them stagger straight through it. And the three men - the geek, the freak and the hot guy - are such an unlikely trio that you can't help but laugh.

So I laughed. I did. It was funny. It wasn't really, REALLY funny, but it was funny enough I guess. And it certainly exceeded the low expectations I went in with, which I suppose is something. So for being somewhat more funny than not, I'll give it two and three quarter stars.

(not the most glowing review, but Murray thought I'd hate it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment