Friday, November 28, 2008

Fine. I'm in. Just make it stop.

I've been tossing around all day between outrage, exhilaration, and a feeling of impending doom. Mostly, it's that weird, scary, excited feeling that you get when you realize that you have absolutely no idea what is going to happen next.

It's certainly interesting. In that "oh God oh God we're all going to die" sort of way.

To focus my thoughts, and to give myself something to do besides making inaccurate predictions and contemplating the simultaneous implosion of our economy and our government, I've decided to jump on this bandwagon:

I'm still not sure how or if this could possibly work on a practical level (word is that 'Prime Minister Dion' is not an option), but whatever. They can draw straws. I'm beyond caring.

What I do care about is this: that whoever ends up running the government stop playing silly buggers, stop constantly manoeuvring for political advantage, stop using every crisis as an open door to sneak in otherwise unacceptable bullshit (a ban on union strikes? seriously?!?), and RUN THE GODDAMNED COUNTRY ALREADY!!

Today, Stephen Harper proved himself utterly incapable. Time to try something radical.


  1. Yeah, I signed it too. I would love for this to happen but I'mm afraid it's too soon yet.
    And am also at a loss re reactions and predictions.
    Is Harper an idiot for cloning parties' public funding on to a fiscal bill or is it a clever tactic to make the peeples pissed that opposition parties are possibly willing to risk another election over party self-interest while the public at large are losing their jobs. I'm not convinced people will give a shit, frankly, about what is an attack on democracy.

  2. Thanks Jennifer. Sometimes one has to go with their inner tingle feelings and for me, it was that tingle up and down the spine that did it.
    I"ve always remembered what Broadbent said, "we have 75% in common with others, it's the other 25% that is the problem."
    So we agree to that 75% and stand up for Canada.
    We need our respective political parties to be our Obamas and say together "YES WE CAN."

  3. But, but, now the Conservitive spokesthingy says its anti democratic to form a coalition. Spin, spin ,spin .....Arhhhhhhh!
    This from these folk

  4. "The Liberal motion, which has the approval of the NDP and Bloc Quebecois, reads:

    "In light of the government's failure to recognize the seriousness of Canada's economic situation and its failure in particular to present any credible plan to stimulate the Canadian economy and to help workers and businesses in hard-pressed sectors such as manufacturing, the automotive industry and forestry, this House has lost confidence in this government and is of the opinion that a viable alternative government can be formed within the present House of Commons."

    A source says the opposition parties have agreed that Liberal Leader Stephane Dion would lead the government for the next few months."

    Oh please, please, please...

  5. our political system needs to change. This past election really drove that home, with so many parties to the left giving the recently united right a win. This might give the needed nudge for reform.

    Came sooner than I would have liked, but considering what would happen if the opposition hadn't stood up against this...disgusting economic update, I'm glad they are at least showing they plan on standing together. I'm in for sure.