Monday, May 25, 2009

My YLC Ad Challenge Entry: "Join the Party!

As you may know, the Young Liberals of Canada are having a contest. They've challenged Liberals to counter Stephen Harper's attack ads with ads that focus on Positive Politics.

Most of the entries so far have focused on our new leader, but I thought I'd take a different approach. I wanted to communicate some of what gets me excited about politics, which has a lot more to do with active participation than the appeal of any leader. Sadly, in our efforts to emulate "the Obama Effect", I think we've forgotten that at least half of his campaign's success was due to people feeling that their voices were finally being heard, that they could at long last make a difference, and were therefore motivated to take action.

I hope I've managed to communicate some of that with this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment