Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dressed to the Nines and Time to PAAAHTAY!!!

Who has more fun than us?!

Tonight was about celebration, and celebrate we did at the 'Leader's Celebration' - notable for its lack of party leader, BTW. The dress code was specified as "red and white glam", which would have been really good to know BEFORE we packed. Happily, I thought to pack my black and red cocktail dress, which is about the only article of clothing I own that I actually think I look hot in.



First I had a fine dinner with a couple of fellow bloggers who graciously paid my bill in lieu of a donation. Gratefully accepted, with thanks. Then we made a couple of hotel stops and it was off to Stanley Park. When we arrived, in the rain, we were informed that the building was filled to capacity and that we would have to hang out down at the tent - which was unlicensed.

The tent had a stage and a sort of a roll-out dance floor, and when we arrived there was a pretty cool drag queen act just wrapping up, singing selections from Cabaret. But the lack of alcohol soon became boring, so we wandered back up to the hall and managed to sneak in through a side door and find some imbibibles.

But then 'Spirit of the West' hit the stage back down at the tent. So I chugged the rest of my beer and headed down.

By the end of the performance I was drenched in sweat, my feet were killing me, my carefully coiffed hair was a wreck and my voice was hoarse. And I haven't had that much fun in a long, long time.



I had to wait in line for about half an hour before being allowed back into the building, and then only had time for one more beer before closing time. So we hopped onto the shuttle and went looking for a bar - any bar - that was still open after 1:00 am. And so we were introduced to Granville Street. We had heard Justin Trudeau was at the Roxy, but the place actually had big beefy doormen and a velvet rope so we found some other dive.

Funny. In a social setting such as this, apparently Liberals revert to intense discussions of economic and environmental policy. Made more intense by the addition of beer. No consensus was reached, but we came to an agreement on methodology.

Oh, what a night!

2 comments:

  1. You look hot ;)
    And WTH?! you shook Stephane Dion's hand?? Luckyyyy DUCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just that - I HUGGED him! I almost cried!

    ReplyDelete