Thursday, February 19, 2009

Help Send a Blogger to the Liberal Convention!

Well, now I've done it. I've filled out my Form 6 and faxed it to the LPCO, and unless we have a sudden flood of people from Halton who want to go to the Vancouver Liberal Convention, it look like I'm going to be a delegate.

Woot!

Now I just have to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not going to be going into debt or taking food out of the mouths of my family to do this. We've got a bit of savings and some leftovers from a recent windfall, and I'm always happy to indulge myself if it's something I consider worthwhile.

Still, Liberal conventions are notoriously expensive. Although apparently the party is offering reduced convention fees depending on how expensive it's likely to be to get there from your riding. Which means that flying out of Toronto I'll be saving... thirty-five bucks. Oh, boy.

I can't wait to find out what the WiFi access fees are going to be.

So. Since I plan to blog from the convention and will be therefore providing you, my faithful readers, with three whole days of high quality Liberalicious entertainment, I thought I would also provide you all with the opportunity to contribute to the cause.

PayPal donations now being accepted, with gratitude, at the sidebar to your right.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Am envious. Wish I could cover the convention as a non-partisan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can actually attend as an 'observer', but you have to fork out over a grand to register.

    ReplyDelete