Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Logic of Margaret Wente

Shorter Margaret Wente:

All the blogs I read are by men.

Therefore, all bloggers are male.


Slightly longer Margaret Wente:

I read a few blogs.

All the blogs I read are political.

All the blogs I read are by men.

Men like to spout off opinions without thinking.

The bloggers I read spout off opinions without thinking.

Therefore, men blog because they like to spout off opinions without thinking.

Therefore, all political bloggers are men.

Therefore, there are no female political bloggers.

Therefore, none of you exist.

Begone!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I tried to get in a plug for Alison at Creekside yesterday too, but the comments were obviously being heavily moderated. I think there's a limit to the actual thought they can cope with at the G&M.

    ReplyDelete