Monday, August 27, 2007

And One More...

I may have been a little testy with Jason Cherniak on his blog tonight. Sorry, but I'm getting sick and tired of being dismissed as ‘conspiracy theorist’. Here’s what I wrote:

I think if I have to read the term "conspiracy theory" one more time in connection to the SPP I may have to start clawing my own eyes out. It's the kind of thoughtless, dismissive comment I'd expect out of Harper. I'm not sure why I expect more from you, but I continue to hope.

For the record, I haven't been inspired to attend a political protest since I marched against Cruise Missile testing in the 80s - but I drove all the way from Milton to Ottawa for this one, and I took my teenaged son with me. I consider it that important.

There are serious people concerned about the implications of the SPP and the agenda of the people behind it. Labour people. Politicians. Academics. Ordinary, intelligent people who are not generally prone to fits of delusion.

If you disagree with our concerns and the conclusions we have reached after reading the documentation available on the SPP and groups like the NACC who set its agenda, then fine.

Just look a little more closely at what you're dismissing, and show a little respect.

That's it. I promise to try to find something else to talk about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment