Friday, October 24, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe

I have only ever read one Harlequin Romance novel, and it was so long ago that I don't remember anything about it. But watching 'Nights in Rodanthe', I am quite sure that this is exactly what a Harlequin Romance is like.

It's a pleasant movie, and not quite as saccharine as I was expecting. Richard Gere is still smokin' hot, which is a big plus. The setting in North Carolina's outer banks was spectacular, and I had to look up the house later before I believed it was real and not just planted on the beach for the movie. And I want a copy of the soundtrack.

On the down side, there were a couple of ham-handed flashback sequences that sucked me right out of the movie. And the chemistry between Lane and Gere seemed a little flat somehow. It was terribly romantic, but the passion wasn't quite there.

Still, not bad for a chick flick. I'll give it three stars out of five, but honestly Murray - 'Passchendaele' was better.


(And of course, Murray loved it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment