Thursday, March 27, 2008

From Da Kos: The Hillary Clinton War Diaries

Again, I had to share:
Things had started going wrong while we were still in the air and only gotten worse from there. So here we were, pinned down, choking on the acrid tang of cordite and the heady scent of human blood. The mission was even simpler now: survive. Whatever the cost, survive.

There was a grunt and a clatter of equipment as Sinbad threw himself down at my side. Sweat glistened on his bare arms, and I could see tendons contracting and relaxing as he squeezed off bursts from his M14. The motion was hypnotic, like a snake about to strike. Perhaps, when all this was over-

No. Concentrate. Focus on the mission. Survive.

Oh yes. It goes on.

(Yeah, yeah, I know. Another lazy blog post. Blow me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment