Saturday, December 22, 2007

Harper-ism of the Day

And the number three story on Reuters 'Oddly Enough' today is...

Dalai Lama "is not a call girl"

OTTAWA (Reuters) - When Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper tried to explain in a year-end interview why he'd met the Dalai Lama in his Ottawa office, it was clear he wanted to show respect for the exiled Tibetan leader.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite come out that way.

"I met the Dalai Lama in my office but I meet everyone in my office. I don't know why I would sneak off to a hotel room just to meet the Dalai Lama. You know, he's not a call girl," Harper told OMNI television.


I'm tellin' ya - the Liberals don't have to say or do anything from now until the election. They just have to bide their time and let Harper keep hanging himself with his own rope.

By the time he's out he'll have enough gaffes to fill his very own Page-a-Day calender.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Steve.
    Apparently the best way he can think of to put some room between himself and Muldooooon is to point out that at least he doesn't sneak off to hotel rooms.

    ReplyDelete